How to Crack Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900) Certification In 7 Days (Tips & Tricks) — A Story?
First of all, thank you so much for stopping by and I promise you — I would not waste the time you will spend reading this out.
As of today — 05 Dec 2020, I hold 9 Azure cloud certifications with one Expert badge. So if I’m sharing my knowledge on the Azure path with you all —you can have trust in me because whatever I will share — everything coming from the experience.
Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900) happens to be my first Microsoft Azure Cloud certification which I did in Sep 2020, but I’ve started working on Azure since 2017 and had been hands-on. But, I had never given importance to have certifications in the initial days of my career but unfortunately in India after working in the IT industry for a decade I understood people do not believe you have the knowledge until or unless you have proof to show the same and that is why Certifications are must-have.
So, If you are planning to start your Azure Cloud journey, I would encourage you all as well to start your Azure journey with Azure Fundamentals i.e. AZ-900 certification.
Why You Should Start Your Azure Cloud Journey With AZ-900?
- Whether you’re just beginning to work with the cloud or you already have cloud experience and are new to Azure, Azure fundamentals provide you with everything you need to get started.
- If you are interested in learning Azure’s core computes, network, storage, and database services, learning about cloud security best practices, or exploring the cutting edge in IoT and machine learning, think of Azure fundamentals as your curated guide to Azure.
- Azure fundamentals include interactive exercises that give you hands-on experience with Azure. Many exercises provide a temporary Azure environment called the sandbox, which allows you to learn for free and at your own pace.
- Technical IT experience is not required; however, having general IT knowledge will help you get the most from your learning experience.
AZ-900 Course Outline and Exam Pattern
The below Azure fundamentals learning path series can help you prepare for the AZ-900 certification exam. You are follow either of the track/path:
Microsoft provides FREE training for AZ-900 with 6 Learning Paths:
- Introduction to Azure Fundamentals — 38 Min
- Describe core Azure concepts — 1 Hour 36 Min
- Describe core Azure services — 3 Hours 18 Min
- Describe core solutions and management tools on Azure — 2 Hours 56 Min
- Describe general security and network security features — 1 Hour 33 Min
- Describe identity, governance, privacy, and compliance features — 2 Hour 10 Min
- Describe Azure cost management and service level agreements — 1 Hour 48 Min
I have found the below 3 Hours FREE online AZ-900 course from Exam Pro very helpful — Andrew Brown has done a wonderful job explaining each and every topic in detail and you will have enough understanding on all the required Azure providings. I personally went through this video course before the exam.
If you would like to go over the udemy courses, then I would suggest you do either of the course below:
- Scott Duffy — https://www.udemy.com/course/az900-azure/
- Alan Rodrigues — https://www.udemy.com/course/microsoft-azure-beginners-guide/
- Once you are done with the above track, you are all set to take up the exam at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/exams/az-900
- I usually schedule the exam first and then start preparing for it which keeps me focused on my goal and be agile.
- I prefer PeasonVue to take up any certification exam since the check-in process is easy and takes less time.
Currently, Microsoft is offering one certification exam at $15 (USD) if you have lost your job due to COVID19.
You can find my LinkedIn post on AZ-900 — here
Things to remember: Discipline is important on whatever you would like to achieve in life and good things or success in life does not come easy. So you have to work hard. And if you do it right, you will definitely get what you are working for.
If you’ve found this story helpful, please give a thumbs up and share it with the community for people’s benefit, also please do not hesitate to connect with me on LinkedIn.
Thank you so much and wish you all the success!